Updated May 25, 2018
As defined in the General Data Protection Regulation, personal data includes any information which, either alone or in combination with other information we process about you, identifies you as an individual, including, for example, your name, email address and phone number.
Why Do We collect Personal Data?
Certain Personal Data is needed to 1) provide you with access to the Site, 2) deliver requested information, newsletters, products and services, 3) allow participation in interactive forums, and 4) allow us to evaluate and improve site performance.
When you register with us, request certain types of information, purchase products or services, or participate in certain activities, you will be asked to provide relevant Personal Data. This consent provides us with the legal basis required under applicable law to process your data. You maintain the right to withdraw such consent at any time, however this may prevent you from using certain features of the Site.
What Information is Collected?
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways, including:
Information You Provide
This includes Personal Data you provide:
- When you register to use our Site, such as your name, email address, username and password
- As part of any post, video, comment, or other submission you upload or post to the Site, such as in a blog post or user forum
- When you make a purchase thorough our Site
- In connection with surveys, contests, or giveaways we run on the Site
- When you report a problem with our Site or when we provide you with customer support
- When you communicate with us by email or other means.
Our servers automatically log information about you and your computer or mobile device when you access our Site, such as your IP address, your browser type, browser language, location, the website you visited before and after browsing our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site. This information is collected through services such as Google Analytics, as well as services of our webhost, BlueHost, in order to provide website statistics.
Cookies are used on our Site to help make using our website easier, such as:
- To remember your country and language preferences
- To deliver information that matches your interests
- To help us understand our audience and traffic patterns
- To let you automatically log into programs and parts of our site that require membership
- To manage and present information displayed on our website that will be specific to you
Social Media cookies: When you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our Site or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook, Twitter or Google+, the social network will record that you have done this.
You can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help,” “tools,” or “edit” functions).
With cookies turned off, certain features of the Site may work less efficiently or not at all. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browser’s respective websites.
We may use other companies, such as Google AdSense, to serve third-party advertisements when you visit and use the Site. These companies may collect and use click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over during your visits to the Site and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of interest to you. These companies typically use tracking technologies to collect this information.You should consult the respective privacy policies of these third-party ad servers for more detailed information on their practices, as well as for instructions about how to opt-out of certain practices.
How Collected Information is Used or Shared
The personal information collected from users during the registration process (or at any other time) is used primarily to provide a customized experience while using our products and services. Specifically, we may use information collected about you via the Site to:
- Create and manage your account
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments and other transactions related to the Site
- Email you regarding your account or order
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service
- Send information including updates, technical notices, support and administrative messages
- Send you a newsletter, with your consent
- With your consent, send you marketing e-mails about upcoming promotions, and other news, including information about products and services offered by us and our affiliates. (Such marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out,” if desired; you may opt out of receiving such information at any time. Please note, even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you non-marketing emails, such as emails about your account if you have one with us and our business dealings with you.
- Perform other business activities as needed
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of the Site
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the Site
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the Site
- Comply, as we believe necessary or appropriate, with applicable laws, with lawful requests and legal process, including responding to requests from public and government authorities
- Enforce our Policy and to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property (and, if appropriate, that of others)
When a user sends a message using our website contact form or directly to us, the return email address is used to answer the email inquiry. When sent in this manner, our Company does not use the return email address for any other purpose and does not share the return email address with any third party. The exception to this may be to report or respond to spam, security concerns or unlawful use of our Site features and functions if necessary.
Some parts of our site may enable you to participate in public forums such as blog posts, discussion boards, chats, and live events. When you post comments, contributions, or other content to this Site, it can be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site in perpetuity. Please use discretion when posting personal information about yourself when using these services. Be aware that when you disclose personal information at these sites, such as your name, email address, or other information, that information may be collected and used by others to send unsolicited email or for other purposes. These services are open to the public, and what you post there can be seen by anyone and is not protected.
Our Third Party Service Providers
We may share your Personal Data with our third party service providers who provide services such as data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other similar services only for the purpose of providing such services.
Generally, your information will not be disclosed, traded, licensed or sold to any third party. However, there are specific instances described below where limited information may be available to a known third party:
- Third Party Sites: Our Site may contain links to third party websites and features, such as social media sites. This Policy does not cover the privacy practices of such third parties. These third parties have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their websites, features or policies. Please read their privacy policies before you submit any data to them. This may include Facebook Like Buttons, Twitter Buttons, Pinterest Buttons and Google + Buttons.
We use reasonable administrative, organizational, and technical security measures to protect personal data within our Company. Unfortunately, no transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure, and transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us.
How You Can Access, Modify and/or Delete Information
Opt-out: If you wish to stop receiving promotional emails from us, you may unsubscribe at any time using the link provided at the bottom of all our newsletters and marketing emails. (We may still need to send you other types of email if we still have business with you.) If after this step you still receive promotional emails from us, there may have been a technical error. Please email us at info [at] leaderslab.com and we’ll help you out as soon as possible.
If you no longer wish to receive email from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
Accessing Information: You may access the information we hold about you at any time via your profile/account or by contacting us directly.
Correcting Personal Data: You can also contact us to update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us. In your request, please specify: (i) what personal data is concerned; and (ii) which of the above rights you would like to enforce. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the specific email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event, within 30 days of your request.
Sale or Bankruptcy
This Policy and all matters arising from your use of the Site are governed by and will be construed according to the laws of Illinois, without regard to any choice of laws rules of any jurisdiction. The federal courts and state courts that have geographical jurisdiction over disputes arising at our office location in Illinois will be the only permissible venues for any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Policy or the Site and Service.
Revisions to this Policy